KAY Jazz Special Bass (K5970V)
Hover On Image For Zoom, Click Image For Full Screen
The K5970V Jazz Special Bass has a long scale semi-hollow body and features a single coil pickup, rosewood bridge and fingerboard.
The Jazz Special Bass has been the most coveted Kay Model by collectors and is very rare.
It was featured on the cover of McCartney's 45-rpm single "Jet" and again in the video "Ebony and Ivory" and was the bass used the band, The Sufaris", in the '60s to record the hit "Wipeout".
This edition was developed and created by world-renowned luthier Roger Fritz.
Known for its subsonic low end and slim neck as well as its woody tone, the hollow body construction and exclusive bracing system make this bass ideal for live and studio use. The luncheonette countertop pickguard combined with the Kel-von-a-tor headstock gives the Jazz Special bass its avant-garde appeal.
Includes hardshell case.
Click Images To View Finishes
* Style: double-cutaway long scale semi-hollow body bass
* Scale length: 31-1/16"
* Finish: high gloss protective polyester polymer
* Colors: black (K5970BK), natural blonde (K5970B)
* Top: 3-ply curly maple
* Back: maple
* Binding: multi-ply black and white celluloid
* Headstock: Original gold "K" chevron displaying the 3-D raised "Kel-von-ator" style emblem. Truss rod cover has Roger Fritz signature.
* Neck: 1-piece maple
* Neck shape: low-profile full "C"
* Neck joint: dovetail
* Nut width: 1.5"
* Fingerboard: rosewood
* Fingerboard radius: 12"
* Number of frets: 20
* Inlays: small dot
* Hardware: chrome
* Tuners: Wilkinson extra light with medium cloverleaf buttons
* Pickup: chrome single-coil Thin Twin Alnico V blade
* Controls: Volume, Tone
* Pickguard (Black finish): Luncheonette countertop off-white with gold fiber strands
* Pickguard (Blonde finish): Celluloid simulated tortoise shell finish
* Bridge: rosewood, fixed adjustable
* Tailpiece: trapeze
* Case: vintage arched top wood hardshell
© Kay Vintage Reissue. All Rights Reserved. Website Designed By MMA for Alkaloid Junkie Multimedia.